Tardy and Attendance Policy
Many important routines and learning activities take place at the beginning of the school day. Often, students who are late to school feel frustrated and behind while missing out on valuable information. Please make every effort to see that your child arrives to school each day on time to walk in the classroom by 8:25 a.m. (zero hour by 8:00 a.m.). Your cooperation is appreciated and essential to your child's academic success.
The Christ the King tardy policy is designed to decrease the number of tardies and have students in their classrooms ready to learn by 8:25 a.m. (zero hour by 8:00 a.m.). The following totals are for the quarter:
- 5 excused or unexcused tardies = 1 day of Lunch Detention
- 10 excused or unexcused tardies = 2 days of Lunch Detention and a parent letter sent home
- 15 excused or unexcused tardies = 3 days of Lunch Detention and a conference with parents
**Our goal is to get students to school on time and improve their opportunity for learning.
Studies have shown a direct correlation between a child's attendance and academic achievement. Therefore, it is important that parents, students and school work together to maximize student attendance.
The following Christ the King Attendance Policy is designed to promote regular attendance, academic achievement and safety for all Christ the King students:
Students are expected to attend all assigned classes each day. Teachers shall keep a record of absences and tardies and submit these daily to the school office.
- Tardies: arriving to class after the bell at 8:25 a.m.
- Half-Day Absence: missing 1.5 hours or more in a.m. or p.m.
- Full Day Absence: missing all day.
All students are to arrive at school by 8:25 a.m. (zero hour by 8:00 a.m.). Students may arrive any time after 8:00 a.m. There is no adult supervision before 8:00 a.m.
Please call the school office 24 hours a day at 946-6158 & leave a voice message by 8:30 a.m. to report your student's absence for the day. This call lets us know your child is safe.
If we have not heard from the parent/guardian regarding an absent student, we will call the home or office to verify the child's absence. Please make every attempt to schedule appointments outside the school day. The student and parent shall assume the responsibility to make arrangements with each teacher to make up missed assignments for all absences.
A conference will be scheduled with the parent, teacher and building administrator to devise a plan for improved attendance when a student reaches:
- 10 absences in a quarter (or earlier if a teacher determines absences or tardies are affecting a child's school success).
- 15 absences in the school year.
- 15 excused or unexcused tardies in a quarter.
If the above action fails to correct the attendance problem, the school administration shall meet with parents again to discuss whether their child will continue to attend Christ the King School.
**Your help in making certain your child attends school regularly and arrives on time is greatly appreciated. Together we can ensure your child's attendance and school success.
- October 21 to October 29
- Book Fair
- October 28
- Pride Wear Day
- Breakfast with Books/Donuts with Dads
7:30AM to 8:30AM
- Trunk-or-Treat 6-8pm 6:00PM
- October 31
- Wear Orange Today!
- November 1
- Saints in the Hall
- Friday, October 28
- Hamburger, or Pepperoni Salad
- Monday, October 31
- Cheese Zombie, Tomato Soup and Graveyards
|Kindergarten to Third||$3.00|
|Fourth to Eighth||$3.25|